Sometimes we get a problem on our PC that when we try to copy something to our USB disk it shows an error that "The disk is write protected". If the problem is due to viruses or any error in Windows registry then it can be rectified. But someone has intentionally make it write protected by adding a password then it will not work.
Also Check: How to enable disable the copy/move option to USB drive
1. Open registry Editor.
Also Check: How to open Registry Editor and Group Policy Editor
2. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\StorageDevicePolicies
3. Create a new key "WriteProtect" there.
4. Change the Value of write protect key to 0 In the Value Data Box. Press OK
5. Exit Registry
6. Restart your computer and re-connect your USB pen drive on your computer.
That is it.
Other Similar articles that may interest you:
1. Free Download registry Editor and Group policy editor for Home Basic and Home Premium Edition Of Windows 7