Generally details pane is in bottom of the windows. But in classic vista (which are released for demo purpose) we find the details pane at top. Here is the process by which we can change its position by our choice means we can move it to top or bottom.
Before doing we so.We must make a back up of our registry so that if any problem occurs during the changes we can also revert to our previous stage. Process to back up the registry and restore it.
process to change the position of details pane:
1. First of all we have to edit "shell32.dll" file. The location for the dll file is
"%Windir%\System32\Shell32.dll"2. To edit any Dynamic Link Library (*.dll) file our logged user must take ownership of that file.
Also Check: How to take ownership of a file.
3. To edit the file we need a third party software named as "Resource Hacker".
Also Check: Resource hacker free download with detail description of its features
4. After download install the software and open the "shell32.dll" file from it.
5. Now goto view -> Find next or click "ctrl+F". Now the find box will be open.
Details pane is at bottom and you want to change it top6.Now type following String in textbox
layoutpos="bottom"7. Click on "find next" and it will show the line containing the text. It is in "UIFILE" SECTION.
8. Just change the text bottom to top.
9. Then click on "Compile Script" button.
10.Now click "F3" from the function keys. It will show again the same text. Here also change botom to top.
11. Now repeat the step 10 and change the text botom to top in the following keus under UIFILE section.
3, 4, 5, 6, 19, 20, 2112 If you also want to show the Details Pane at Top in Browse/Save/Open dialog boxes, then replace
"bottom" word with "top" in 27 and 28 keys too.
13. That is it. Now save the file any where in hard disk except in the c: drive. and name it to "shell32.dll"
Details pane is at top and you want to change it to bottom14. For this in step 6 search for layoutpos="top" and after find the text change the text bottom to top. And similarly follow the steps from 6 to 13 by changing top to bottom.
How to replace the new shell32.dll file in "%Windir%\System32" folder
15.If we copy the new shell32.dll file and paste in "%Windir%\System32" folder then it will show an error that "destination folder acces is denied".
To do so and see the changes we need a third party software named as "REPLACER". It is use to replace the windows executible and resource file.
Also Check: Free download replacer with detail description of its features..
16. After replacing the shell32.dll file using Replacer. Reboot your system.
After restart Open your My computer and see the changes that you have made.
Other similar articles that may interest you:
1. Create a boot able pen-drive for Windows Xp, Vista and seven
2. Avg Pc Tune up latest with key free download
3. Add change theme option as a shortcut to context menu
4. Idm full free download
5. How to create an invisible folder so that others can not see
6. How to make Window 7 genuine
8. How to become a fast typist
9. Shortcuts to Create a new folder in Window 7
10. How to create a con folder without using Command Prompt