To do so follow these steps:
1. Open registry editor (type "regedit" without quotes on start search box or in RUn window and hit enter)
2. Now navigate to
3. On the right-hand side, locate "PaintDesktopVersion"
4. Double click it on ur mouse or Right click of mouse there and select modify.
5. Now change the value in value data field on the pop up window to 1.
6. Now click OK.
7. Now close the registry editor and all the other open window and restart your system.
8. After restart you will find the windows version on your desktop.
To again hide the windows version from desktop just change the value to 0 on step 5.
0 = Hide Windows version from desktop
1 = Show Windows version on desktop
Other Similar articles that may interest you:
1.Add Disk Defragment option to context menu as a shortcut
2. How to Remove the Arrow from the shortcut Icons
3. Add Start Command Prompt from here to Context menu as a shortcut
4. Latest VLC Media Player Keyboard shortcuts
5. Add Window Colorization option to Context menu as a shortcut
6. Add Appearance Setting to Context menu As a shortcut
7. Add Administrative tool option to context menu as a shortcut
8 Add a warning or Legal notice before the Log-in Screen of Windows
9. How to break a BIOS/CMOS Password
10. Customize Winrar Commands on Context menu